Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Is it possible to authenticate 2 or more Active Directory domains via acs solution engine v4.2?

Hello,

Is it possible to authenticate ACS solution engine running v4.2 against 2 or more Active Directory domains using the Generic LDAP setup?  A scenario would be for geographical distribution where 1 domain would be for U.S. and the other would be another country say Canada (e.g. US.corp and CA.corp).

thanks,

james

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Is it possible to authenticate 2 or more Active Directory do

Hi James,

It is possible to setup multiple LDAP  authentication servers, one for each domein. I can tell you that it is much more efficient from a configuration/administration viewpoint and end user experience to use AD as a Microsoft external database if in fact your setup is all in the same namespace e.g.  amer.companyname.com and canada.companyname.com.

To setup multiple LDAP databases go into external user databases>Generic LDAP> create one called AMER, then do the same for CANADA.

Regards, Jeremy

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi James,

It is possible to setup multiple LDAP  authentication servers, one for each domein. I can tell you that it is much more efficient from a configuration/administration viewpoint and end user experience to use AD as a Microsoft external database if in fact your setup is all in the same namespace e.g.  amer.companyname.com and canada.companyname.com.

To setup multiple LDAP databases go into external user databases>Generic LDAP> create one called AMER, then do the same for CANADA.

Regards, Jeremy

Jeremy,

Thanks.  I will setup a 2nd Generic LDAP database in addition to our currently primary.  I appreciate the response.

james

Views
Helpful
Replies