Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ISE 1.1.3 - Notification when ISE creates New Endpoint Entries

Good Morning,

I am interested in learning how to have notifications sent out to a preset list of recipients when ISE 1.1.3 creates a new endpoint entry.  The ability to know when a foreign device has been connected is imperative for our mission.

I have looked throughout the entirety of the ISE Settings, but I have yet to find where to enable the functionality to allow for this.

Can someone please point me to the correct menu/setting for this?

Thank You,

David

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Check this link  its regarding

Creating, Assigning, Disabling, and Deleting Alarm Rules

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0/user_guide/ise10_mnt.html#wp1053713

Thank you for the response.

I read through the documentation that you linked me to, and it appears that i *should* be able to create the rules I require. I have tried many different sets of criteria, and I always receive the same Error Message:

"

type Status report

message Request not processed - Possible XSS input

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Request not processed - Possible XSS input).

"

From the error, it looks like my criteria set is incorrect, but I have tried numerous different sets, all receive the same error.  According to the "Rules" section, under "Unknown NAD" the only Required Fields are "Category" and "Nad Count".   I have satisfied both of these fields numerous ways, all with the same output of the above error message.

Any Idea what could be causing this?

Cisco Employee

I think this is CSCtx03427 bug. This issue has been osbsdrved when the configured alarm name contain "onChange". Rename the alert name to something that does not contain "onChange"

I was able to create the Alarm Rule, but isn't the "Unknown NAD" referring to a Network Access Device, ie Switch, Hub, ect?

I am trying to get notification when ANY new endpoint is created, not just a switch/hub/ect.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content