cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.1 and Apple devices

JASON CHOQUETTE
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to setup profiling for Apple devices, specifically iPad devices and am seeing where ISE will identitfy an iPad 1 device fine, but will not identity an iPad 2 nor an iPad 3, both list as unknown.  It also shows an iPhone as Apple-Device and thats has far as it gets.

The Profiling Policies are all set to Create Matching identity Group and I havent messed with any of the Profiling rules.  As anyone seen this before?

Thanks                  

5 Replies 5

marioderosa2008
Level 1
Level 1

yeah I have a similar problem. the IPAD is not matching the standard inbuilt Apple Profile rule.

My IPAD is coming through a VPN through an inline posture node.

Did uyou manage to resolve your problem?

Can any one else help?

Mario

Yes I was able to get in contact with the correct person and get it resolved.  Follow the attached PDF to update your libraries, although I am not using a VPN so not sure if this will 100% help you.

Jason,

If you are not setting up spanning from the vpn users vlan then you will have to redirect the vpn client to the ISE portal in order to have the ISE system get the user agent string of the ipad, once profiling information is update, then a COA request will be initiated to the inline posture node, and then the client will hit the approprate policy.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FYI

With ISE Release 1.2*, Cisco is delivering, a unique feed service that provides new and updated profiles for various IP enabled devices when vendors release new devices. So ISE customers will be able to recognize new devices, in addition to a multitude of other network attached devices such as printers, video cameras, and specialized mobile computing devices.

Cisco works with various vendors, partners, customers, etc. to profile the multitude of IP enabled devices that are expected to be deployed in various customer environments and create profiles for these. These profiles are made available through the Cisco Feed Service. An ISE server* that is configured to connect to the Feed Service establishes a secure connection with cloud based Feed Service. The various profiles on the Feed Service are then automatically downloaded to the ISE server, thus providing ISE customers the ability to stay abreast and detect various IP enabled devices that connect to their network. The Feed Service will be available with the release of ISE 1.2* software release and is part of the Advanced License.

Shaoqin Li
Level 3
Level 3

the OUI will get upgraded when ise is upgraded. so make sure you are running latest code/patch

and ise 1.2 will have feed service to pull that info from cisco automatically

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: