Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISE 1.2.1 Complaining about High latency - can´t figure out why.

Hello! 

my 2 node (16 core, 32 GB Ram, SAN) ISE installation on VMWARE is, complaining about High latency. I have about 250 Test clients connected, and the VMWARE guys can´t seem to find anything wrong. Is there anyway to get a more detailed test WHAT actually is causing this high latency? CPU´s are idling, ram is at 2% and disk I/O is almost not messurable.. but the software is still complaining. (the Dashboard shows latency at 100+ ms) I think this might be the external CA, againt which the client certificates are run. but I don´t know if I can test this theorie! 

I have 2 Hardware Appliances coming, but I thought my Test enviroment should be more then enough to handel 250 clients.. I am abit concerned about the going live with 5000 clients in the future.. if it is already complaining with 250 active clients. 

and yes, I will be splitting the tasks up between the 2 Physical Boxes (Profiling and such) and the 2 VM Boxes (Management) but at the moment, for 250 clients the 2 VM´s should be enough. 

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

I have a couple of my

I have a couple of my customers complaining about this as well. I believe it is cosmetic and it is due to this bug CSCup97285

The suggested action for this alarm in ISE is:

Check if the system has sufficient resources, Check the actual amount of work on the system for example, no of authentications, profiler activity etc.., Add additional server to distribute the load

I have confirmed with both clients that the appropriate resources were allocated and reserved in VM. In addition, neither client is reporting any issues so this leads me to believe that it is just a cosmetic bug.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!
Views
Helpful
Replies