Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 EAP-TLS and AD authentication

Aaron Street
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am sure I have had this working but Just cant get it to now.

So I have a Computer that has a Certificate on it with the SAN - princible name = to 12345@mydomain.com. This is an auo enroled Cert from my AD.

My Authentication profile says

IF the SSID (called-station) contianes eduroam and Princible name containes @mydomain.com then user a certification authentication profile. (see attachemnt below) 

Then my authorization profile says

if active directoy group = "Domian computers" then allow access.

When my computer trys to join it passes the certificate test, but when it gets to the AD group is get the below.

24433          Looking up machine in Active Directory - FY8FCT1$@mydomain.ac.uk

24492          Machine authentication against Active Directory has failed

22059          The advanced option that is configured for process failure is used

22062          The 'Drop' advanced option is configured in case of a failed authentication request

But I know my machine is in AD? What do i need to do to get the PC to use EAP-TLS to authenicate and AD group to authorize?

Cheers

6 Replies 6

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

On Admin->Identity Management->External Identity Sources->Active Directory->Advanced Settings tab do you have enable machine authentications checkbox selected?

Hi,

yep looks like it.

Can you post a screenshot of your relevant Authentication and Authorization policy settings?

Authen.png

This accepts all requsts to one SSID and then as you can see if it is EAP TLS uses Cert store (see below), other wise AH

Authorization.png

This jsut says if AD Group = /user/domainComputer allow full access (simple rule)

cert store.png

Perhaps try using the "common name" subject attribute not the "other name" subject attribute.  In the past, I've used common name for my deployments and it had worked.  I also configure it a little differently by configuring an identity source sequence for AD then local with the certificate profile selected. Not saying my way is the right way, just saying how I had achieved success in the past.

Trouble is i need the machine to use the "princible name" for authentication. My username must be in the formate

xxx@domain.com