cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 Live Session View Empty

brandon.case
Level 1
Level 1

We have a distributed ISE deployment (1.2.0.899 patch 7) with the PANs in one firewall context and the MNTs and PSNs in another firewall context. Everything is working smoothly except that when looking at the Live Sessions view in the PAN, it's empty. Viewing the same thing on the MNT shows plenty of information, which is what we expect. Is there some bug in the version we're running that would prevent the Live Session view on the PAN from being populated? Or do we just have to use the MNT to view that instead?

Thanks,

Brandon

6 Replies 6

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have the MNT persona/service turned of on the Admin node, thus running a dedicated monitoring persona? Also, how are your NADs configured when it comes to the AAA accounting server?

The PAN is dedicated to just that persona. It does not run the MNT or PSN personas. NADs send accounting info to the PSNs only. Should the NADs send accounting info to the PAN or MNT instead?

Thanks

You have it setup correctly so not sure why things are not working for you. The PSNs should be the accounting servers and the admin persona should be the only GUI you/console you should be logging into to manage the system. 

Check the deployment tab, do all nodes have a "green check box" and in sync?

Thanks for the reply. Yep the nodes are all in sync. I'll open a TAC case about this one. Thought I'd check here first to see if perhaps I had done something wrong during the deployment. Thanks again!

-Brandon

No problem Brandon. Let us know what TAC tells you and/or if you find a resolution. 

Hello,

I have a similar problem, but my ISE is in StandAlone.

What was the Solution for this case ?

Best Regards,

Daniel Stefani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: