Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 patch 3 - Sponsor Portal default timezone changed to non-existant ECT

Luigi Gangitano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

We've applied patch3 to our ISE 1.2 cluster and after the upgrade all the sponsor accounts (externally autenticated on Active Directory) now have GMT +01:00 Europe/ECT as default Time Zone. Thus all the guest account created have the same time zone and guest authentication fails.

This is the error from ise-console.log:

guest:- com.cisco.cpm.guest.exceptions.PortalUserException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The datetime zone id 'ECT' is not recognised

guest:-        at com.cisco.cpm.guest.edf.GuestUserAdaptor.isAcctValid(GuestUserAdaptor.java:489)

I checked the admin interface and the 1.2 documentation but could not find any default setting for sponsor users Time Zone

Time zone for the 3315 is CET:

clock timezone CET

A workaround is to have each sponsor user update its Time Zone setting on the Sponsor Portal, but this is impratical.

Did anybody experience the same issue?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You hit bug CSCuj91050 I guess. This will be fixed in patch 4 I think, but for now you can revert to patch 2.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Luigi Gangitano,

From when are you experiencing this issue? I suspect this would have been an issue when the server timezones are changed from CEST timezone to CET timezone.

To further figure out where exactly the issue is , 

1.Can you please let us know what is the timezone in the UI on the top most right corner in the server information section is ?

2.Similarly can you please check the timezone in the CLI of Primary ISE node.

If the above two locations are displaying correct timezone then we have to suspect with the sponsor portal.

Hi,

You hit bug CSCuj91050 I guess. This will be fixed in patch 4 I think, but for now you can revert to patch 2.

Exactly. I had a TAC SR and the correct bug was pointed to me. We will not revert since this is a minor issue. Patch 4 should be out in a couple of weeks.

FYI

Patch 4 is out, and it looks like it fixed my problem.

Can you please ellaborate on your finds with SP4 ?

regards

Martin

I installed Patch 4 this morning and the issue was fixed. :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: