Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 SNS-3415 NIC Bonding / Teaming

christoulakis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have installed the SNS-3415 with ISE 1.2 and i'm trying to setup redundnacy (Team) nic modes for the authentication requests and not for management purpose.

The tests showed that when the one interface was unpluged everything was lost and nobody from our internal users was able to authenticated by the ISE node.

In contrast when i was unpluged the " second interface " (probably the inactive ) nothing was happened which shows that is a useless  interface

My purpose is to connect it to my twins core switches and have a full high availability deployment.

- I have search enough on the WEB but i didn't found any clear and precisely document of saying how this could be achieved.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-4/installation/guide/csacs_book/csacs_hw_ins_ucs.html#wp1185589

Themis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE 1.2 does not support NIC teaming.  Especially on appliances.  There is a workaround for VM using the ESXi host to team the NICs so that it is transparent to the VM.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE 1.2 does not support NIC teaming.  Especially on appliances.  There is a workaround for VM using the ESXi host to team the NICs so that it is transparent to the VM.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

Yes you are right !!!

i also cross checked with other sides :(

I still not make sense with this .... but ok i must accept it :)

You really help me and clear my thoughts.

Thank you !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: