cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 - WLC 5508 - NAS sends RADIUS accounting update messages too frequently

David Boos
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting this error in ISE referring to my Cisco 5508 WLC.  I'm not sure how to turn down the frequency.  Any ideas?

NAS sends RADIUS accounting update messages too frequently

Verify NAS configuration. Verify known NAS issues.

23 Replies 23

Thanks Rob!

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Is there a solution for switches that are generating this error? I've got several of my 3560s and 4500s that are causing ISE to complain.

Hi,Michael,

Yes, there is. Configure "aaa accounting update newinfo" so that switch only sends new accounting updates and not periodic updates.

Thanks, Irina

Adding the above configuration onto my 6509 switches did not alter the errors.  Please advise as to other potential config changes that might correct this. 

12929 NAS sends RADIUS accounting update messages too frequently - number of errors in the last 12 hours - 10300

I would like to know what causes this as well.   I am seeing numerous Misconfigured NAS messages in ISE 1.2, and none fo the above alterations has proven fruitful.

What is the criteria that triggers this message to populate?  This is in reference to 2960 and 3560 Series Switches.

Same problem here,  several  C3560 with 12.2(55)SE6 and ISE 1.2 is reporting the problem.

"aaa accounting update newinfo"is in the config.

Cheers

Hello,

In this case it would be better to capture some of these accounting messages and look inside to find out, what are they about.

Is it from only one switch?

Thanks, Irina

christoulakis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is also happened on SW 3750e with 15.0(2)SE4

I think this is not an error of NAS devices but the same the ISE that can not handle the frequency of events.

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It was a bug and please upgrade your WLC 5508 to the latest Cisco WLC release 8.0.100.0 and then check.