Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ise 1.4 upgrade timeout

Hello together,

i am new here, hopefully you can help me out.

i have a new ise 1.4.0.253 with installed patched 3 and 4 and want to upgrade these to 2.0.

when i configure the repository for a sftp direction, than i get directly a timeout.

After that i have reconfigured the repository to the local store "disk:/test"

When i than try to copy the upgrade file from over 5 GB to the ISE via tftp the ise shows the error "Transfer timed out. %Error: Transfer failed"

The tftp server said: sent package, without any error message.

The upgrade file can also be seen in the target directory with "dir disk:/test"

When i ignore the transfer error and start the upgrade prepare process the checksums are not fitting and the error message occurs:

"Unable to unbundle the package. It should be in tar.gz file format."

But the file is a ise-upgradebundle-1.3.x-and-1.4.x-to-2.0.0.306.x86_64.tar.gz

Has maybe anyone an idea, how i could start the upgrade process on other ways?

regards,

Melanie

6 Replies 6

Hi,

the solution was to use a different tftp server.

It looks like some tftp server has trouble with sending more than 4 GB.

The 3CDeamon tool worked for me.

I do agree with Melanie. After countless hours I successfully managed to copy the upgradebundle using 3CDeamon. The following tools did not work with me:

- Free TFTPd

- Filezilla FTP server

- Solarwinds free TFTP server

- Core FTP

Also make sure you disable your Internet security suite. I have Komodo suite and I noticed it interferes with the copy somehow.

Spreadlove
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Wassim && Melanie,

I am encountering same issue currently, I used lots of the apps and finally I am trying 3cDaemon, I still get same issue "transfer failed"
3CDaemon logs say "could not open requested file for reading.

Below is the command used
copy tftp://"tftp ip add"/ise-patchbundle-3.1.0.518-Patch5-22120201.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz disk:/ - for tftp
copy ftp://"ftp ip add"/ise-patchbundle-3.1.0.518-Patch5-22120201.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz disk:/ - for ftp

This thread is from ISE 1.4 (EOL September 30, 2018).  I would suggest opening a new topic for your issue.  That being said you should not use 3CDaemon for this.  This software is very old and has many issues with large files (like ISE patches, upgrades, and backup).  

I would open a new topic for the issue, but for now kindly point me to the right software to use for cisco ISE patch file transfer as I have used FileZilla, Solarwinds tftp server and now 3CDaemon, I also tried using psftp but the program closes as soon as I log in.

I have multiple customers using FileZilla, SolarWinds FTP Server, and various Linux/NAS systems with ISE without issue. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: