Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 - Can't detect endpoint

mdjan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

After configured Policy authentication and authorization on the Cisco ISE 2.3. we noticed that during the test, there are some machines which are undetectable on the server. On the switch when I run the command 

show authentication session int gX/Y

we saw that dot1x authentication failed but MAB authentication keep on running. Also MAC and IP address of these endpoints are unknown. The endpoint get the IP address but on the server there is nothing. How can we solve this issue ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try upgrading to 15.0.2-SE11, see if that helps

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

agrissimanis
Level 1
Level 1

Endpoints might get stuck in "Running" state with "UNKNOWN" MAC, if the port is up, but there is no MAC address. If you do see MAC on the port, check your IOS version. I had problems with 12.2(55)SE9 version on the old 3560s and also the early versions of 15.0(2) on 2960x. Upgrading to the later release solved the issues.

We use WS-C2960G-24TC-L and IOS 15.0(2)SE

Try upgrading to 15.0.2-SE11, see if that helps

The thing is that there are some endpoints which are detected and some not. 

We change the switch test to other one but It is still the same thing I face.

Now we use WS-c2960-X with IOS 15.2(2)E6 and the image version is C2960X-UNIVERSALK9-M

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: