cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 Policy server with Device Admin and TACACS+

Gavin Sparks
Level 1
Level 1

I'm struggling to understand an issue i am having with my ISE deployment which I'm fairly sure is down to my understanding of Roles/Personas and Services.  Currently I have:

2 ISE servers.

Server 1 Personas: Admin,Monitoring Roles Prim (A), PRI (M) Services None.

Server 2 Personas: Policy Service Roles (s) None Services: Session, Profiler, Device Admin.

However in this combination tacacs does not work.

If i put everything on Server 1 Tacacs works fine.

I have of course pointed the switch at Server 2 in the first scenario and Server 1 in the second working scenario.

I thought the policy server would be the server to point the switches at for TACACS+. Is this a correct assumption of how this should work?

All configuration was created on Server 1 the Primary. Nothing entered in Server 2. (web gui not available with just the policy service role it appears.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gavin Sparks
Level 1
Level 1

An update to this. I've just installed an ISE patch and its all started working as expected.

Server 1: Admin Monitoring

Server 2. Policy Server

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Gavin Sparks
Level 1
Level 1

An update to this. I've just installed an ISE patch and its all started working as expected.

Server 1: Admin Monitoring

Server 2. Policy Server

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: