Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3315 show application status ise taking so long

Ali Koussan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a brand new ISE 3315 appliance  running 1.1.1.268 , whenver I try to issue the command "show application status ise" , it takes so long time before it shows the output ..the same when I try to start or stop the application ..

I would like to know if the NTP reachability can cause this kind of behavior .. I'm still testing the appliance in the lab , and I have no NTP server , but I have created local DNS server on a router.

any ideas !

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Munir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

The Execute Network Device Command diagnostic tool allows you to run the show command on any network device. The results are exactly what you would see on a console, and can be used to identify problems in the configuration of the device. You can use it when you suspect that the configuration is wrong, you want to validate it.

Please make sure that you have performed these steps:

Step 1 Choose Operations > Troubleshoot > Diagnostic Tools > General Tools > Execute Network Device Command.

Step 2 Enter the information in the appropriate fields.

Step 3 Click Run to execute the command on the specified network device.

Step 4 Click User Input Required, and modify the fields as necessary.

Step 5 Click Submit to run the command on the network device, and view the output.

Thanks Muhammad,

I tried but it gives me this error

" Incorrect enable password entered for device 10.139.240.4" ,

I do not have enable password for ISE , it is just Username and password . Although I did not understand "You can use it when you suspect that the configuration is wrong, you want to validate it."

appreciate your help..