Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

ISE and self register

Hello,

Can ISE differentiate and see on which wireless AP a user(MAC) connects ?

Goal: i want to allow guest self registration, but not from any Access Point. We have a presentation room where presentation for third parties are given regularly. This room is covered with two high-density capable APs. I only want to allow guest in this room to generate their own guest accounts for 1 day from these APs, not every user on every Access Point.

(and i want to avoid creating a dedicated different SSID for this)

regards,

Geert

2 REPLIES
Bronze

ISE and self register

This document describes how to configure authorization policies  in Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) to distinguish between  different service set identifiers (SSIDs). It is very common for an  organization to have multiple SSIDs in their wireless network for  various purposes. One of the most common purposes is to have a corporate  SSID for employees and a guest SSID for visitors to the organization.  Please check below link for certificates configurations.

http://www.cisco.com/image/gif/paws/115734/ise-policies-ssid-00.pdf

ISE and self register

I hope you can do so but not from the ISE but the configuration has to be done in the WLC, where you should create a group of AP where you wants to share the guest SSID. So that the guest will be authenticated only by the selected ap’s only.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content