cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE and WLC dynamic interface group assignment ?

rmotzer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a somewhat large deployment coming up with several WLC dynamic interfaces assigned to an interface group, replicated across for multiple sites.  I understand that ISE can return the VLAN ID to the WLC to place the client in, but if I'm using interface groups, this seems to negate the usefulness of the interface group to load clients across multiple VLANs.  Not only that, but with the number of dynamic interfaces (VLAN ID's), multiplied by the number of sites, would seem to be overwhelming on the ISE side policy configuration.

Is it possible for ISE to return an Interface name/group to the WLC instead of just a VLAN ID ?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please use 

Airespace:Airespace-Interface-Name under  Advanced Attribute Settings.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

Is the interface name/group returned in RADIUS attributes; if so which ones?

If I remember correctly. It was the Airspace Interface name or similar

Can anyone update this ? I too am curious about returning the group as opposed to the underlying specific interface.

Please use 

Airespace:Airespace-Interface-Name under  Advanced Attribute Settings.

Upgrade you WLC to 7.2 code:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn7_2.html#wp919093

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I understand that WLC 7.2 code can now accept the interface group name as a AAA override, which is great, but it doesn't specify the AAA source (ISE vs. ACS).

This is the example I'm questioning: (they use the VLAN ID only, instead of an interface name)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080bba10d.shtml#topic17

Edit:

Found the correct Attribute Under "Adv. Attribute Settings" in the Airspace Authorization Profiles (Airespace:Airespace-Interface-Name).

Did it work for you to only send the

Airespace:Airespace-Interface-Name from ISE to WLC ?

Unfortunately, the project fell through, so I was unable to test.

Did it work for you ?

Airespace:Airespace-Interface-Name  works.

I use this for my setup and it is working perfectly.

ISE sets the client to the correct Interface (Name) in the Interface-Group smiley

CCNP R&S
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: