Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE authenitacation

danimax01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with authentication on ISE. We don't want a scenario whereby a credential can be used more than once to authenticate with ISE.

For example.

User A authenticate with ISE with usename : danimax.

Username "danimax credential" should not be used by any other person while user A is still Online.

We want 1 credential for 1 person.

4 Replies 4

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Thank you for your response.

i have checked the thread but the thread is talking about guest access.

I want to limit our employee to one device per credential so that user A will authenticate with its credential for like 10 different people.

1 credential = only 1 authentication. that is what we want to achieve.

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

You can limit the number of divices per user using the option shown below(see attachment)

Note: If you find the answer helpful do remember to rate it

Ahmad Murad
Level 1
Level 1

ISE currently does not have this feature if you need to limit the number of sessions per user.

I mean if user "x" uses his smart device and phone and laptop, then the ISE does not have the feature to limit the access without device registration.

You can limit the number of sessions in the WLC per username, and it works per username.

For the Wired access, there is no way to control it on switch, you need to use AD.

Thanks.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: