cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE: Authentication vs Posturing - log coorelation?

dirkmelvin
Level 1
Level 1

Right from the start it is INCREDIBLY easy to see who is trying to login to the VPN using ISE...and then it is easy to get to the screen to tell you who passed/failed posturing.

What I am looking for is a way to tell if someone logged in but did not get postured at all. We have a handful of users that the NAC agent keeps disappearing, hanging, or just not responding. In these cases, I can see that they authenticate, but there is no entry I can find that says; hey this user logged in, but no posturing happened.

This would be extremely helpful in doing proactive support so we can contact these users and see what is going on.

Anyone know of a way to make this happen?

Thanks,

Dirk       

1 Reply 1

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think I ran into this issue and the problem lies in the way the username is missing when coa is sent to the ipn when a client is "compliant" I dont have an instance in 1.2 yet to see if this has changed with the new live authentications dashboard but it might be worth opening a tac case to see if the ipn loggin has changed.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: