cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE default settings for "ISE - Process Status"

Andrey.Gulenko
Level 1
Level 1

Please put default settings for alerts "ISE - Process Status" for CiscoISE (PAN / Operations / Alarms / Rules / Criteria / Monitor Processes).

For example, for version 1.1.4.218 for virtual machines.

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies 7

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Ravi!

Thank you for your answer!

I have studied this document before. Problem is that this rule comes a lot of alerts (every 2 minutes, all 6 exist nodas). Maybe it really is a error, but maybe it's just redundant messages, which set up the previous system administrator.

In an attachment - a screenshot of the messages (which arrive every 2 minutes), and a screenshot of current settings of criteria alerts - that was my question (which must be marked/cheked with checkboxes?)

Muhammad Munir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

You can view process status for the network from the Cisco ISE dashboard using the System Summary dashlet. For example, when processes like the application server or database fail, an alarm is generated and you can view the results using the System Summary dashlet.

One of the requirements for creating an alarm rule is that you assign it to a schedule. The following task shows you how to create an alarm rule, and then assign it to a schedule.

The following default alarm rules are shown in the user interface:

ISE - AAA Health

ISE - Process Status

ISE - System Errors

ISE - System Health

You can create these alarm rules using the following procedure:

Passed Authentication

Failed Authentication

Authentication Inactivity

Authenticated But No Accounting Start

Unknown NAD

External DB Unavailable

RBACL Drops

For more information about configuration etc please go through this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_ug.pdf

at page no.928

Hello Muhammad!

The problem I described in my post above.

If you have default settings for the criteria - put a screenshot here.

Thanks in advance!

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

Didn’t got your question, do you need the screen shoot of the ISE device or documented default settings? And yes if you are looking for doing some configuration changes as your question almost had covered the user guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_ug.pdf

Hello!

I'm interested in (screenshot) default settings for alerts "ISE - Process Status" for CiscoISE (PAN / Operations / Alarms / Rules / Criteria / Monitor Processes).

This issue is solved, criteria in the alarm settings are not default (there were "redundant"), a screenshot of default settings - in attachment.

Thank you all for participating!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: