cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Guest Email Notification (Guest account creation)

Josh Morris
Level 3
Level 3

When a guest user creates an account in ISE, it sends a system generated email with the username/password. It says "Welcome to the Guest Portal, your username ise xxx and password is yyy." Is there anywhere in ISE (1.2) to change this text, especially the name 'Guest Portal'? I thought it was in language templates > Configure Miscellaneous Items > Portal Name. But I changed this to the portal name, and it was not reflected in the email. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Josh,

This is actually configured in the Sponsor Portal Settings.  Go to Administration > Web Portal Management > Settings and double-click Sponsor from the left menu.  Open up Language Templates and choose your language (I chose English).  Scroll to Configure Email Notification and customize!

Guest_Email.GIF

Remember to Save

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Josh,

This is actually configured in the Sponsor Portal Settings.  Go to Administration > Web Portal Management > Settings and double-click Sponsor from the left menu.  Open up Language Templates and choose your language (I chose English).  Scroll to Configure Email Notification and customize!

Guest_Email.GIF

Remember to Save

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

Thanks Charles. That worked well. Do you know if I can enter any html or code in these emails, so I could display a logo? Thanks.

Josh,

Right now, it's pretty limited.  Here is the template to be used for formatting the email notifications:

E-Mail Notification Template

The following is an example of the login information for the body of an e-mail in an English language template:

Welcome to the Guest Portal, your username is $username$ and password is $password$

The $username$ and $password$ strings will be replaced with the username and password values from the Guest User account.

In the e-mail body, you can use special variables to provide the details for the created guest account. When  using these variables, you must use all uppercase or all lowercase  letters, and you cannot mix them. For example, the string for username  can be either $USERNAME$ or $username%, but it cannot be $UserName$.

You can use these variables in the e-mail notification template:

$USERNAME$ = The username created for the guest.

$PASSWORD$ = The password created for the guest.

$STARTTIME$ = The time from which the guest account will be valid.

$ENDTIME$ = The time at which the guest account will expire.

$FIRSTNAME$ = The first name of the guest.

$LASTNAME$ = The last name of the guest.

$EMAIL$ = The e-mail address of the guest.

$TIMEZONE$ = The time zone of the user.

$MOBILENUMBER$ = The mobile number of the guest.

$OPTION1$ = Optional field for editing.

$OPTION2$ = Optional field for editing.

$OPTION3$ = Optional field for editing.

$OPTION4$ = Optional field for editing.

$OPTION5$ = Optional field for editing.

$DURATION$ = Duration of time for which the account will be valid.

$RESTRICTEDWINDOW$ = The time window during which the guest is not allowed to log in.

$TIMEPROFILE$ = The name of the time profile assigned.

This dicument is found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_custom_portals.html#wp1015657

ISE v1.3 should have some improvements and quite possibly some HTML tags.

Charles Moreton

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: