Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE GUI Admin Pass does not effect SSH

Imran Ahmad
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

recently due to password expiration policy on my ISE,  i changed my ISE admin pass through GUI interface. but afterwards i can login to my ISE GUI with the the new admin password.  But when i try to ssh to my ise and trying new admin pass, it is not accepting the new pass,  when i try with old admin pass it works on ssh

any thing wrong ????

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Imran,

Changing the password of ISE GUI will not have any change in the password of ISE SSH console. These two are two different flows and if you intend to chnage the password of CLI you need to make use of ISE rescue CD and select the option to change the password and it will prompt you to change the password of ssh console.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Imran,

Changing the password of ISE GUI will not have any change in the password of ISE SSH console. These two are two different flows and if you intend to chnage the password of CLI you need to make use of ISE rescue CD and select the option to change the password and it will prompt you to change the password of ssh console.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: