Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Interfaces

Roger Alderman
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Has anyone used the separate physical interfaces on the ISE to separate the wireless client traffic to the ISE?

I haven't had the opportunity to test this.

I'm thinking of having all the authentication traffic hitting one interface with client traffic re-directs to the guest portal page hitting a separate interface that can be placed in a totally separate VLAN and secured with an ACL.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks.

Regards

Roger

5 Replies 5

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roger,

Typically ISE is designed as follows:

• All the ISE internal Management traffic is hardcoded to eth0 interface.This cannot be modified
  • RADIUS can listen on any NIC
  • All the available NICs can be IP addressed

Thanks

Hi,

I have a similar issue.

In my network, I have 2 subnets, network A is used for external purpose and network B is used for internal purpose where the clients connected to my network via VPN use the internal network ip address to access the network resources like CPI, CPN etc.

On ISE 1.2, I am able to access it using the external ip ( Gig 0) but I am trying to access ISE from the other network IP which is on Gig 1 - network B, then I am unable to access it via both GUI and CLI. Although, I am able to ping the internal IP from other side of the VPN tunnel.

Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Harish

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have used it to separate mgmt traffic from guest traffic and it works fine.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use separate interface for guest and Managment traffic

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/installation_guide/ise_ig/ise_app_c-ports.html

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I didn't configure ISE like this way i guess it will work

please check the below link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/installation_guide/ise_ig/ise_ins.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: