Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE internal user authentication failure - user not found

yong khang NG
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Forumers'

I trying to do wireless 802.1x, where identity store using intenral user.

But i found this error message when i trying to connect

Authentication failed                                                                                 :

22056 Subject not found in the applicable identity store(s)

My authrorization rules is built like this

identity groups = user identities group / " mygroup"

condition = no setting

permissions = standard / PermitAccess

Question 1

Any troubleshooting step to do on this?

Question 2

For the Authorization rules, what's the condition should set for using Internal User as Identity store?

Thanks

Noel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

The error is caused to an authentication failure and is not an issue with authorization

You need to look at your authentications policy (Policy->Authentications) and see which identity store was authenticated against

In addition can do the Live Authentications page (Monitor->Authentications) and for the failing record click on the icon under details. This will give you the full details of the requets processing and you can see which rule was matched in the identity policy (Identity Policy Matched Rule) and "Selected Identity Stores".

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

The error is caused to an authentication failure and is not an issue with authorization

You need to look at your authentications policy (Policy->Authentications) and see which identity store was authenticated against

In addition can do the Live Authentications page (Monitor->Authentications) and for the failing record click on the icon under details. This will give you the full details of the requets processing and you can see which rule was matched in the identity policy (Identity Policy Matched Rule) and "Selected Identity Stores".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: