Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE License After Newly Installation

SiJian Bao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We have a ISE appliance 3355 running version 1.1.1 and the base license is already installed into it. For now, we wanna change the version into 1.2, but we only have the full installation IOS of 1.2 which means we do not have the upgrade path from 1.1.x to 1.2. I wanna know if the license will be lost after we freshly installing the full version of 1.2 instead of upgrading. THX!

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I did not try it with ISE. But with ACS (which I think the same) when you do a full installation you have to provide the license file (same license file of the old installation) then you restore the backup of the old config to the new one.

so, yes the license will be lost and you have to add it again to the new installation.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I did not try it with ISE. But with ACS (which I think the same) when you do a full installation you have to provide the license file (same license file of the old installation) then you restore the backup of the old config to the new one.

so, yes the license will be lost and you have to add it again to the new installation.

HTH

Amjad

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for your reply, I have kept the license file of the old one and according to your expreience I just need to reinstall it to the new version right?

Hi,

Exactly. just reinstall the license on the new version (of course you can only do this on the same machien so that the UDI is not changed).

But wait, who said that you are limited to the full upgrade only?
You can upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.2 with the upgrade bundle if you have the latest patch applied to the 1.1.1 version.

This is as per the upgrade guide:

http://goo.gl/kTVSBq

or you menat that you don't have the file of the upgrade bundle itself?

Regards,

Amjad

Yup, I dont have the file of the upgrade bundle.

Why not download the upgrade bundle ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Just because my CCO does not have the permission to download anything about ISE 1.2 but the earlier version...it is my  friend who gave me the full install one

I have already upgraded my ISE to the v1.2 and intalled the license on the new version.