Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ISE - Mass Delete Alarms

Anyway to do a single mass delete of alarms ?            

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."       

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

ISE - Mass Delete Alarms

George,

There is not easy way to do this, I had to delete alarms for a customer (had around 7k alarms). Basically I had to set the page to 100 and run through this around 70 times. I tried looking for other ways and never had a chance to issue a feature request to Cisco.

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik Admani *Please rate helpful posts*
Cisco Employee

ISE - Mass Delete Alarms

I agree with Tarik. Unfortunately, it's not possible to delete all the alarms in one go. We have to delete page by page but It's very tedious when you have 7k alarms. A (sev 6) feature request has already been filed on this:

CSCtw76687    Option to purge all items in alarm inbox

Description:

ISE-Alpha has > 16K items in alarm inbox and it will take a long time to delete them page by page. We should implement an option to trash all items in one shot if so desired. The delete-all option should give the proper warnings that all items will be removed and not recoverable.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~BR Jatin Katyal **Do rate helpful posts**
5 REPLIES

ISE - Mass Delete Alarms

George,

There is not easy way to do this, I had to delete alarms for a customer (had around 7k alarms). Basically I had to set the page to 100 and run through this around 70 times. I tried looking for other ways and never had a chance to issue a feature request to Cisco.

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik Admani *Please rate helpful posts*
Cisco Employee

ISE - Mass Delete Alarms

I agree with Tarik. Unfortunately, it's not possible to delete all the alarms in one go. We have to delete page by page but It's very tedious when you have 7k alarms. A (sev 6) feature request has already been filed on this:

CSCtw76687    Option to purge all items in alarm inbox

Description:

ISE-Alpha has > 16K items in alarm inbox and it will take a long time to delete them page by page. We should implement an option to trash all items in one shot if so desired. The delete-all option should give the proper warnings that all items will be removed and not recoverable.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

ISE - Mass Delete Alarms

Thanks guys +5

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

ISE - Mass Delete Alarms

Can I get a screen show of the feature request ? I dont have access

Thanks

Cisco Employee

ISE - Mass Delete Alarms

Hi George,

It's an Internally found enhancement so yes you can't access it. However, I've already pasted the internal content in my previous post as description. Here it goes again.

Description:

ISE-Alpha has > 16K items in alarm inbox and it  will take a long time to delete them page by page. We should implement  an option to trash all items in one shot if so desired. The delete-all  option should give the proper warnings that all items will be removed  and not recoverable.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content