Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Migration Tool: Cannot connect to ACS

david_mayor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I try to launch the Cisco migration tool to migrate data from ACS 5.2 to ISE 1.1.

When I launch the migration.bat file, I get:

C:\migTool>migration.bat
log4j:WARN No such property [encoding] in com.cisco.acs.positron.migration.utils.Log4jTextAreaAppender.
INFO [main] MigrationApplicationDriver.main:56: Starting Application, in the main method......
INFO [main] Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@ad1355: startup date [Thu Jul 11 16:46:09 CEST 2013]; root of context hierarchy
INFO [main] Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [conf/META-INF/beans.xml]
INFO [main] Pre-instantiating singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@1a26eb1: defining beans [exportAuthorizationProfileCache,exportConditionRightOperandCache,exportDevicesCache,exportEnumAttributeIdCache,exportEnumerationCache,exportGenericAttributesCache,exportIdentityAttr
ibuteCache,exportIdentityDictionaryCache,exportIdentitySourceCache,exportPredefinedDataCache,exportRADIUSDictionaryCache,exportServicesCache,exportManagerImpl,m
igrationApplicationManager,migrationPhaseStatefulComponent,stateManager,migrationProcedureModel,migrationApplicationGUI,defaultImportObjectHandlerFactory,import
AllowedProtocolCaching,importAuthZProfileCaching,importDateTimeCaching,importDevicesCaching,importEndPointCaching,importExternalIdentityStoresCache,importIdenti
tySourcesCaching,importPolicyElementsCache,importRadiusProxyCaching,importUsersCaching,importManagerImp,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalConfigura
tionAnnotationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalAutowiredAnnotationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalRequiredAnnot
ationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalCommonAnnotationProcessor]; root of factory hierarchy
INFO [main] Start parsing query XML file ...
INFO [main] Start parsing procedure XML file ........
INFO [Thread-5] Start connecting to ACS5 PI
WARN [Thread-5] Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.
ERROR [Thread-5] Error occurred while communicating to ACS 5.x. (404)Not Found
ERROR [Thread-5] Error occurred while communicating to ACS 5.x. (404)Not Found
ERROR [Thread-5] Unable to connect to ACS 5 to begin Export. Please ensure that:

1. Migration interface is enabled in the ACS 5 server.
2. ACS 5 services are running.
3. ACS 5 IP and username and password are correct.
4. ACS 5 has a compatible license installed.
INFO [Thread-6] Start connecting to ACS5 PI
ERROR [Thread-6] Error occurred while communicating to ACS 5.x. (404)Not Found
ERROR [Thread-6] Error occurred while communicating to ACS 5.x. (404)Not Found
ERROR [Thread-6] Unable to connect to ACS 5 to begin Export. Please ensure that:

1. Migration interface is enabled in the ACS 5 server.
2. ACS 5 services are running.
3. ACS 5 IP and username and password are correct.
4. ACS 5 has a compatible license installed.

Then, I click on Export from ACS, and when I set my ACS server name and password, I obtain:

"

ERROR [Thread-9] Unable to connect to ACS 5 to begin Export. Please ensure that: INFO [Thread-9] Start connecting to ACS5 PI
ERROR [Thread-9] Error occurred while communicating to ACS 5.x. (404)Not Found
ERROR [Thread-9] Error occurred while communicating to ACS 5.x. (404)Not Found
ERROR [Thread-9] Unable to connect to ACS 5 to begin Export. Please ensure that:

1. MIgration interface is enabled in the ACS5 server

2. ACS 5 services are running

3. ACS 5 IP and username and password are correct

4. ACS 5 has a compatible license installed"

Can anyone help me ?

Best regards,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you enabled the migration web interface? Ensure that you have configured the Cisco Secure  ACS 5.1/5.2 source machine with a single IP address. The migration tool  may fail during migration if each interface has multiple IP address  aliases.

Supported document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0.4/migration_guide/ise10_mig_install.html

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you enabled the migration web interface? Ensure that you have configured the Cisco Secure  ACS 5.1/5.2 source machine with a single IP address. The migration tool  may fail during migration if each interface has multiple IP address  aliases.

Supported document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0.4/migration_guide/ise10_mig_install.html

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Hello,

I could finally find how to enable the migration web interface. This step was not mentioned in the migration tool guide.

The command is:

acs config-web-interface migration enable

Many thanks,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: