cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE new install but can't login

nianqing212
Level 1
Level 1

I want to setup  an ISE demo environment for my customer, I installed ise1.0.4 on a a vmware VM, but after I installed it ,and running the setup wizard, then I can see the system login prompt,

I input the https://x.x.x.x/admin can open the web management page, then I input the default info admin:cisco,it prompt me to change the default password, then changed it , and the system report error

internal error,

error code 500

has anyone meet the problem, give me an suggestion !

thans a lot !!!

5 Replies 5

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi when you issue a "show application status ise" does the service show started? Also what version of vmware are you running this on? Also what is the vm specs that you have set for this instance? Rhel 5 32 bit, 4GB ram, and atleast 60G hard disk for evaluation?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Yes,when I  issue the 'show application status ise' the overall process is running and have an pid,

the vm specs:

Vmware workstation version 7.1

other linux 2.6

4GB ram

80G hard disk

I dont think we support it on vmware workstation (atleast the guide I found make no mention of it). Either way do you have an option to run it on rhel 5 32 bit? Also what browser did you use to connect to the server? There are some issues with IE9 and it isnt on our supported browsers list. Can you try with FF?

Thanks

Tarik Admani

I had been struggling with this for 2 days now. I then realised that I had the wrong timezone set.

On the installer it asks you to enter the timezone, here you have to enter a supported Timezone format.

I used GMT which is incorrect, I changed it to GMT-0 and all working ok.

To check supported timezones use:

show timezones

Supported time zones will be listed, you can change the timzone in the config so no need to install again.

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Please check the time Zone of the particulare PC where you are accessing the ISE and also check the Supported Browsers:

You can access the Cisco ISE administrative user interface using the following browsers:

•Mozilla Firefox 3.6

•Microsoft Internet Explorer 8