cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ise node is not reachable after upgrading 1.2

jiyoung Kim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I was using beta version of ISE with 1.2.834 code. and now the official release came out so I upgraded it.

after that, the ISE is not communicating with AD, and when I go to download logs, It says node is not reachable even though it is STANDALONE mode.

does anyone know how to work around this ?

should I just delete everything and go from scratch ?

5 Replies 5

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have a backup of the beta db?

If so, try a reimage and a restore of the beta db on the public build of ise. It seems as if that is the best way to go.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

The ISE is not communicating to the AD, So, you have to rejoin the domain. For this purpose please follow the following actions:

Go to Administration > Identity Management > External Identity Stores and select Active Directory from the left-hand pane.

Click Join at the bottom of the configuration page:

Also please check the LDAP port

I had such issues in the past. "Leavinng the AD" and "Joining" again resolved the issue most of the times. What does the "detailed" test under Test Connection show up?

Had this happening aswell on one of the nodes in a test upgrade to 1.2 in the lab.

Solved it by re-imaging it, nothing else worked.

jiyoung Kim
Level 1
Level 1

I re-image it.....! and solved the promblem.

It was not that ISE left the AD like the caveat in release note.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: