Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

ISE Post Setup IP Address Change (is it possible?)

I've run across an odd problem.  I have a fresh test ISE (on VMware) installation up and running in my lab.  After a few days I realized I needed to alter the IP address of the test ISE.  I've been through the admin guides and forum posts, but there are no instructions on how to edit the ISE's IP address after the initial install has been completed.  

Anyone able to point me to a document that I may have missed?  Or... is this one of those times during the deployment of "version 1.0" of a product that I just need to rebuild from scratch until "version 2.0"?

Many thanks in advance.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

You have to login to the console, using ssh. Then you'll have a CLI to change the IP address or assign IP addresses to other interfaces. The ISE user guide section has a document describing the commands. Note: after changing the IP address the ISE application is restarted automatically.

2 REPLIES
Community Member

You have to login to the console, using ssh. Then you'll have a CLI to change the IP address or assign IP addresses to other interfaces. The ISE user guide section has a document describing the commands. Note: after changing the IP address the ISE application is restarted automatically.

Community Member

ISE 2.1

ISE 2.1

From the VMWARE console

application stop ise

int g 0

ip add 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.0

Y

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content