Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE profiling on Apple-Device, Apple-iPhone and Apple-iPad

yong khang NG
Level 5
Level 5

hi,

I have a question on ISE profiling, espcially on Apple-device.

My testing environment: when i use iphone to connect, by default the result profiled me as apple-device.

But when i try to get it more specific, i mark the identity store as apple-iphone on the authorization rule, it fail somehow. It seem it cannot go deeper to analyze it's iphone, instead of Apple-Device.

The default of the apple-iphone porfiler condition for apple-iphone is checking the hostname and user-agent. So when i try to use the safari browser to get online, it won't bounce me as apple-iphone profile somehow..

Question:

01. what should i do in order the profiler can analyze directly it was the apple-iPhone, or any thing need to configure ? say like authorization rule?

Thanks

Noel

3 Replies 3

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you getting redirected to the web portal in ISE? That is the most common way the ISE can get the user agent of the browser in order to profile the device as the apple-iphone. Give that a try and then see if the user agent is learned, you should get a message to refresh your browser momentarily. Then coa should trigger and the wireless controller should get the new authorization profile that you configured for your apple-iphone endpoints.

Thanks

tarik Admani

Noel, here are some tips/facts.

WLC 4400 series dont support CoA

CoA is disabled by default.

ISE take about 60-120s to identify a device ( in case of multiple PDPs)

Use web-auth for these devices (http based) instead of using RSPAN.

Thanks

Hello Yong,

I am trying to do the samething and I am having the same issue. Can you please tell me where in ISE you select the device to be an 'Apple-Device'?