Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISE RBAC, limiting data to regional admins

Hey all, I was playing around a little bit with the local RBAC. The config is fairly straightforward in limiting access to menus and works like a champ. However I'm struggling a little bit with limiting access to data. Here is the strategic goal:

Create local site users that can only look at the 'operations' menu. Limit what appears in the data fields to only things from their particular sites, so that only authentications from the site show up for instance.

Here is what I tried to do:

Created a network device group for the site under 'all locations'

Created a Data access permission with:

Site group->Full Access

Created an admin access policy with the following rule:

If Admin Groups=Site Then Permissions=Menu-Helpdesk Admin (operations only) and Data-Site group access

Created admin group for the Site

Created a user and assigned it to the Site admin group

When I log in it's limited to the operations menu as expected. However I can view all authentications, it isn't limited to auth that happened on the location WLC I defined.

Now that was just a guess on how to limit the info based on my logic. So, if anyone knows how to limit this let me know, thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies