Helpful
Replies

ise repository for upgrade

suthomas1
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

A repository exists in ise device. 

(ftp-svr-log is one of the servers also used as log server)
ISE-SG/admin#
repository ftp-svr-log

We are planning upgrade on ISE.

do we need to create another repository to be used for upgrade , which will have all the ise files in it? Or is the current one good enough?

other question, is there a way to change password for the already existing repository. nobody knows
what is it currently as it was setup long ago.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Technically, you can use one repository for both. If you have one for your backups, it will also work for updates. Personally I like separation of functions. I always configure one repository for the backup and one for update-files.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Technically, you can use one repository for both. If you have one for your backups, it will also work for updates. Personally I like separation of functions. I always configure one repository for the backup and one for update-files.

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

AND more important, change all the repository configuration using GUI as recommended by Cisco, not CLI.

from CLI what I use to do is a:

ISEadmin#show repository ABC

that shows me all the content of the remote or local PC repository and verifies network connectivity before doing an upgrade. For patch install, I just browse from GUI when I do not want to check the progress of the process.