Helpful
Replies

ISE Sponsor Portal

stephendrkw
Level 3
Level 3

ISE Sponsor Portal

I'm still coming to grips with ISE!

Web Portal Managment>Settings>Sponsor>Language template>English>Configure Print Notification

Rather than just add text I will like to add some graphics, I tried adding HTML to the Layout which doesn't work. When my Sponsor needs to printout a day account for example rather than basic textformat,  I would like to add graphics to give to the customer. Can this be achieved another way?

10 Replies 10

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Steve,

suggest you move your thread to the NAC and AAA forums. You may move the thread from the right pane.

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Good idea, moved....

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_ug.pdf

I  think HTML files can’t modified but other extension can be uploaded in the HTML  page. On the page no. 847 to 857 steps to be followed for the same  requirement.

mmm...this documentation says i can use HTML tags.....let me check that again

"You can use HTML tags and special variables for formatting the language template for print notification"

when i use

in the template, i get:

You have entered text that appears to contain unsupported tags or markup language. Remove those characters and try again.

doh

gnijs
Level 4
Level 4

I have the same problem. I like the flexibility of ISE regarding guest portals etc, but the print template is a disgrace.

Pure text, can't even specify bold, fonts, size of text, no images possible. It can't even accept HTML code inside the text field (

Title

-> "your entry contains invalid code" error) while the final print page is eventually rendered by a web browser, so why don't accept HTML ? Why won't you allow uploading a "print" HTML page, take this file, do a search and replace for the variables and print.

Isn't there ANY way of making the print template accept HTML ?? anyway ?

This is a real show-stopper when i have to show the printout to customers...

regards,

Geert

yep, same problem as me, even after upgrading to 1.2. It's very unprofessional producing a dull, not easy to read printout to a Guest. let me know if you find a solution!

At this time there is no support for Advanced Portal Customizations on the ISE.

However, since this is one area that has shown such an overwhelming need, most of this functionality will be available in ISE 1.3, which is scheduled for release in the first half of Calendar Year 2014.

Sorry that I couldn't give you a better answer.

Please rate helpful posts and mark this thread as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.

Charles Moreton

Maybe Cisco could consider releasing a 1.2 patch, so that at least HTML tags would be supported. Since the page is rendered by a browser later on, it would not require any additional coding. At least the deployment of ISE could continue at customers awaiting more flexibility in 1.3. Now projects need to be postponed to 2014 where budgets are unknown.....

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stephen,

The defect CSCty82696 is filed in ISE 1.1.x version for this similar issue and this is fixed with the following template.

Template Used:

Welcome to the Guest Portal, your username is

Username: %username%

Password: %password%

First Name: %firstname%

Last Name: %lastname%

Time Zone: %timezone%

Mobile Number: %mobilenumber%

Optional 1:%option1%

Optional 2: %option2%

Duration of Account: %duration%

Email: %email%

Time Profile: %timeprofile%

Account Start Time: %starttime%

Account End Time: %endtime%

Restricted Window: %restrictedwindow%

As per the defect notes it says HTML  tags are now treated as literals for security reasons. We don't want to  allow malicious scripts to be sent in email notifications so embedding  HTML text now will show up as literal text rather than HTML tags.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: