Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ISE to support Wireless LWA

Hi forumers'

How Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE) can work with  WLAN controller 5508 to do the Local Web Authentication, on behalf tje  guest profile is create using Cisco ISE guest management?

As i check Cisco ISE caveat wireless only support on LWA, and LWA not supported on Authorization's VLAN assignment.

Can  please guide me what i need to concern abou the ISE authentication and  authorization policy on behalf on Wireless LWA with use of ISE guest  management case?

Many thanks

Noel

2 REPLIES

The reason that this isnt supported is because the client needs an ip address to do web authentication which is layer 3 authentication. Once the client has received an ip address there is nothing we can do to assign the client a different vlan since it already has an ip address.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Tarik Admani *Please rate helpful posts*
Cisco Employee

WLC 7.1.x only supports LWA, not CWA. WLC  7.2.x, which is compatible with the 2500, 5500 series and WiSM 2 WLCs supports  either CWA or LWA.

Non-802.1X WLANs (including those using LWA) do not  support MAB, CoA, Posture, Profiling; VLAN assignment is possible with MAC  Filtering, but not LWA

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content