Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE/TrustSec - Catalyst 3850

Dominic Zeni
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

Documentation relating to TrustSec/ISE compatibility for the new Catalyst 3850 has been particularly hard to find (for me at least) or contradictory. I've looked at the TrustSec 3.0 matrix along with the ISE 1.2 Network Compatibility list, but the information there is not so great. The ISE compatibility list for the 3850 on IOS-XE 3.2.2 says that it supports SGA, while the release notes for that IOS-XE didn't claim support for this until the recent 3.3.0. Also this same documentation states that IOS device sensor is not yet supported, while the release notes for IOS-XE 3.2.2 claim "Enhanced BYOD Support" which describes the behavior (I think) of IOS device sensor.

I also haven't seen any documentation speak to SGT/SGA support on the 5720 WLC (other than it saying Yes for SGA on the ISE 1.2 compatibility list - which I'm not totally sure I can trust yet). Is this inherent now based on the 3850 supporting SGT/SGA in 3.3.0? I can't tell.

Does anyone have any hard facts about what is or isn't ready to go for the 3850 as it relates to TrustSec/ISE? Maybe you know of some good documentation/training material to link me to?

Thanks,

Dom

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dom,

Have not tried SGT/SGA but IOS device sensor is not supported on the 3850 3.3.0SE release.

Tried to get it going first and then I found a note about it's not working in this release.

You’ve probably seen it already, bu documentation Im using is:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3se/security/configuration_guide/b_sec_3se_3850_cg.html

Cheers 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Dom,

Have not tried SGT/SGA but IOS device sensor is not supported on the 3850 3.3.0SE release.

Tried to get it going first and then I found a note about it's not working in this release.

You’ve probably seen it already, bu documentation Im using is:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3se/security/configuration_guide/b_sec_3se_3850_cg.html

Cheers 

Thanks, Mikael.  I've started tearing through that documentation as well. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: