cciesec2011
Level 3
Level 3

I have the following scenarios:

iseA is the Primnary Admin/MNT/

iseB is the Secondary Admin/MNT

iseC is the PSN

iseD is the PSN

I use iseA serial number to get the license from Cisco licensing for base and advanced features,

Now iseA is dead and requires RMA. 

I promoted iseB to be primary Admin/MNT, and de-register from iseA from the cluster,

I replaced iseA with a new appliance from Cisco and name it iseA with the same ISE 1.2 and put it back into the cluster.  I plan on keeping iseB Primary Admin/MNT and iseA Secondary Admin/MNT

Question:  What will happen to the license?  Does it mean I have to go to Cisco licensing and re-register for the license again because the license for iseB is no longer valid?

Please help.

1 Reply 1

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not at all.  You can go here:  https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Quickstart and migrate the existing license to the new hardware.  You have to log in with your Cisco ID, but it is a quick and painless process. 

Using the wizard is probably the easiest way to do it, and you will have your new license file quickly.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton