Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE wifi profile editable?

Hello,

We have implemented BYOD with certificates with ISE 1.1.2. After registering the device and installing the certificates for the devices, a network profile is applied that makes the susequent connections to the same ssid use EAP-TLS.

All works as intended, the single problem is that, in order to access the internet, the user should set his proxy manually.

Is there a way to edit the wifi profiles applied by adding a proxy setting?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

aqjaved
Level 3
Level 3

If your existing network topology  requires you to use a proxy for Cisco ISE, to access external resources  (like www.perfigo.com,  the remote download site where you can find client provisioning and

posture-related resources), you  can use the Cisco ISE user interface to specify proxy properties.

For  more configurations, please check the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_admin.pdf

The proxy should be set on the client devices (smartphone/tablet/laptop), not on the ISE. I am aware of the proxy setting for Cisco ISE, we already use it.

My question was about automatically setting the proxy on the iPhones/Androids that connect to my wireless network.

Hi,

When using supplicant provisioning you can only set the wireless connection settings, you can not modify or set any proxy settings with ISE. You will need a separate MDM solution for that to work. You can consider using a transparent proxy which is a separate product i.e the Cisco Web Security Appilance.

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: