Helpful
Replies

logged in users

lni1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have very strange things happening concerning the logged-in users list :

1) We have users that stay logged eternally, they stay in the logged-in list, nevertheless they are not connected.

2) In the logged-in list we see numbers instead of usernames.

We made a connection to AD groups for the authentication, what is going on out here ?

Many thanks for a quick response.

5 Replies 5

Vivek Santuka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For logged-in users to work properly we should have accounting configured on the NAS.

What is the Network device here ?

Regards,

Vivek

Hello,

This happens when we do a replication from one system to an other. The system does a switch to the backup and something happens with accounts that are open, they stay open, this is only very briefly, so not a lot accounts become corrupt.

The network devices are all our AP's, accounting is configured on

aaa accounting exec default start-stop group tac_acct

aaa accounting commands 15 default start-stop group tac_acct

aaa accounting network acct_methods start-stop group rad_acct

aaa accounting network acct_methods1 start-stop group rad_acct1

aaa accounting connection default start-stop group tac_acct

aaa accounting system default start-stop group tac_acct

It seems like there is a problem with some variable,

CSLog 12/15/2006 14:51:59 E 5075 3896 Cant get max number of connections maxNumberOfConnections using default 32

But how do we change this, is it a variable in CW or Windows ?

When stopping all processes CW can only store the first 32 connections, all others are gone.

Hi,

As far as I know this variable cannot be changed.

Every ACS shows this error is CSLog and this variable is not defined in the registry (3.3.3 and below)

I did some more tests and it seems that the problem occurs every time I do a replication from the master to the backup system. It seems like for some users an "new user" is created, so this new user will always continue to exist, I don't know it anymore...