Helpful
Replies

logged in users

lni1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have very strange things happening concerning the logged-in users list :

1) We have users that stay logged eternally, they stay in the logged-in list, nevertheless they are not connected.

2) In the logged-in list we see numbers instead of usernames.

We made a connection to AD groups for the authentication, what is going on out here ?

Many thanks for a quick response.

5 Replies 5

Vivek Santuka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For logged-in users to work properly we should have accounting configured on the NAS.

What is the Network device here ?

Regards,

Vivek

Hello,

This happens when we do a replication from one system to an other. The system does a switch to the backup and something happens with accounts that are open, they stay open, this is only very briefly, so not a lot accounts become corrupt.

The network devices are all our AP's, accounting is configured on

aaa accounting exec default start-stop group tac_acct

aaa accounting commands 15 default start-stop group tac_acct

aaa accounting network acct_methods start-stop group rad_acct

aaa accounting network acct_methods1 start-stop group rad_acct1

aaa accounting connection default start-stop group tac_acct

aaa accounting system default start-stop group tac_acct

It seems like there is a problem with some variable,

CSLog 12/15/2006 14:51:59 E 5075 3896 Cant get max number of connections maxNumberOfConnections using default 32

But how do we change this, is it a variable in CW or Windows ?

When stopping all processes CW can only store the first 32 connections, all others are gone.

Hi,

As far as I know this variable cannot be changed.

Every ACS shows this error is CSLog and this variable is not defined in the registry (3.3.3 and below)

I did some more tests and it seems that the problem occurs every time I do a replication from the master to the backup system. It seems like for some users an "new user" is created, so this new user will always continue to exist, I don't know it anymore...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: