Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of this error (ISE 1.2 on SNS-3415): HARDWARE RNG INTEGRITY CHECK HAS FAILED!

Hi. We recently purchased an ISE 1.2 appliance (SNS-3415 hardware). It installed fine, but I am unable to access the GUI. When I login to the box and run the following command on the CLI

ISE-12-NS-SD-2/admin# show application status ise

I see the following output:

ISE Database listener is running, PID: 7737

ISE Database is running, number of processes: 38

ISE Application Server process is not running.

ISE Profiler DB is running, PID: 9090

ISE M&T Session Database is running, PID: 8959

ISE M&T Log Collector is running, PID: 9294

ISE M&T Log Processor is running, PID: 9376

% ERROR: ISE SERVICES HAVE BEEN DISABLED BECAUSE

%        HARDWARE RNG INTEGRITY CHECK HAS FAILED!

Can anyone help me? What can I do to ensure that the hardware RNG integrity check succeeds. Is it a license issue? Is it faulty hardware? Please advise. I would be very greatful.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Meaning of this error (ISE 1.2 on SNS-3415): HARDWARE RNG INTEGR

This RNG Selftests are relevant only to FIPS mode. In non FIPS , we need to check that hardware (kind of self testsŠ), but this shouldn't be causing a application server failure. Have you tried restarting the services or reloading the ISE appliance.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~BR Jatin Katyal **Do rate helpful posts**

Meaning of this error (ISE 1.2 on SNS-3415): HARDWARE RNG INTEGR

I worked with a TAC engineer on this and he said one other customer had this issue and the only recourse was reimaging the appliance with the ISE 1.2 ISO image.

I did reboot, restarted services, reset to factory default and none of that worked. It is possible that the issue happened because during setup of the appliance I didn't have network connectivity and went ahead with the setup and configuration of the ISE application anyway. I later had network connectivity but by that time ISE manifested this fault.

Reimaging and ensuring network connectivity during setup the next time around fixed the problem.

Cisco Employee

Re:Meaning of this error (ISE 1.2 on SNS-3415): HARDWARE RNG INT

Thanks for sharing the solution.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

~BR Jatin Katyal **Do rate helpful posts**
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content