cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Merging 2 x Secure ACS for Windows version 3.2

4gshute
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody advise me on how to merge two ACS installations into one Primary and one scondary server, while maintaining the information from both?

I guess the key is with importing and exporting things from the database, can anyone offer advice?

Thanks

Graham

5 Replies 5

andrewclymer
Level 1
Level 1

There is no easy way to do this..Ive started to work out a way of doing it but its a complete nightmare.

How complicating are the configurations, could a satisfactory goal be just to merge the usernames..If so there is possibly a way to do that, but attempting to try and solve a complete merge is very difficult.

Let us know if just a user merge would be acceptable.

Hi Andrew,

You have confirmed my fears that this is not going to be easy. The user names are not that important as I use AD for authentication. It is the devices that I wanted to move.

An added complication that I have found is that the system I want to export from is a Windows based ACS and the destination is an appliance.

I can see the devices in a dump of the registry. I guess this is going to be tough to import this to the appliance.

I am not even sure if a Windows based ACS can be a secondary to an appliance based ACS. I this possible?

thanks.

Graham

How many devices do you have ?

Its not an easy issue as the shared keys are all encrypted on a per machine basis.

With my Extraxi hat on Im sure we would be able to build you a custom tool to do it for you.

Andrew,

Thanks that is a generous offer! Would it involve a lot of work?

I have about 80 Devices (not all Cisco I have added AV pairs for packeteer as well).

I do not have a copy of Extraxi, would the trail version provide the functionality to run a script?

Will a script work between the two different platforms (windows and appliance?)

Thanks for you help

Graham

The extraxi product you refer to is AAA reports. That is one aspect of the business the other is general AAA consultancy and migration solutions

My email address is Andy.Clymer@extraxi.com, if you can send me details of your installations we can asses what needs to be done and put a proposal together.