Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Microsoft IAS returns 'reject' for 802.1x login - why?

Hi, team!

I've 3560 and MS IAS + AD on the same machine. Everything is configured according to Cisco 3560 config guide and MS wired 802.1x deployment guide. But I experienced some problem:

When I try to plug in computer with 802.1x and enter username/password, I can see in 'debug radius', that radius sends back 'Reject' message.

Then I configured telnet with RAIDUS authorization and it works perfect, I can see 'accept' in debug for the same username/password.

I've tried EAP-MD5 and EAP-MSCHAP.

I would be glad to find out why it does not work.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Microsoft IAS returns 'reject' for 802.1x login - why?

What's the Failure log of IAS give you?

Cisco Employee

Hi,

EAP-MD5 is not supported with AD.

As for Mschap, you will need to go to the policy which you defined on IAS and enable mschap/mschapv2 protocols in the policy.

HTH

Regards,

Vivek

Hi, Vivek!

I've tried that, but looks it does not work... I'll try one more time on monday.

Sorry, not able to attach log from IAS now.

Thanks.

Vlad.

Hi, Vivek!

I found a document about wired 802.1x configuration for IAS on microsoft site, and there was an article about MD5 configuration and enabled password recovery for such users.

The main issue with PEAP was that there was not Certificate Authority service and no issued certificates for computers. I've installed CA and now everything works well (but not VLAN assignment, grhhhh).

Thank you!

Views
Helpful
Replies