Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate from ACS version 2.3 to 3.1

Would like to upgrade from ACS version 2.3 to ACS version 3.1. The upgrade path suggested is going to 2.4(3) to 2.6 to 3.1. Would it be possible for me to do a database replication to another server having version 2.3 and then try to upgrade just that to 2.4(3) then 2.6 to 3.1. This way if the upgrade goes bad I have a 2.3 server to fall back on. Is this a recommended way or is there any other way to do the upgrade. Also 3.1 version of ACS is only supported on 2000 server is there any safe way to upgrade from 2.6 to 3.1. Kindly advise.

2 Replies 2

sla
Level 1
Level 1

I would say, follow the suggested upgrade path Cisco gave you. I have never had troubles with my upgrades until now. I am in the process of upgrading from 2.6 to 3.1 and am having some troubles. I am able to replicate data from 2.6 to 3.1 and even restore data from 2.6 to 3.1 but am having troubles once I make the switch to the new system. Users will not authenticate against TACACS+ / Active Directory. Cisco recommends configuring the member server to their liking, so we shall see. Let me know if you have any of the same problems once on 3.1 or any other hitches. Good Luck.

sghosh
Level 1
Level 1

I would say, replicate 2.3 to a new server and then upgrade to 2.4.3 then to 2.6.4 and then to 3.1 it will be the best option for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: