Views
Helpful
Replies

MS 802.1X Client for W98

l.cabral
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can somebody mail me or allow me to download the Microsoft 802.1X Client for Windows 98? MS site says it's free but it's not there for download (only for win 2k). I'm looking for this client because it's free, others third party clients cost money.

Thanks in advance,

chabral@hotmail.com

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure why you're asking for this on a Cisco web site, but anyway, MS does NOT say this is free as per this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/evaluation/news/bulletins/8021xclient.asp

More specifically:

--------------------------------------------

Additional Microsoft 802.1x Authentication Client packages for Windows 98 and Windows NT 4.0 Workstation are available through the Microsoft Premier and Alliance Support organizations to customers with Premier and Alliance support contracts. For details about obtaining the clients, please contact your Technical Account Manager (TAM). Microsoft 802.1x Authentication Client packages for Windows 98 and Windows NT 4.0 Workstation are not available for redistribution.

---------------------------------------------

I would think if anyone gives you this software they'd be breaking some sort of agreement with MS.

I see your point. One has to have that contract to be able to access the client. It's a pity...

Thanks anyway,

dear Cabral

Can u please update on this, is dot1x working on win-98(with the supplicant), did u try with win2000?

thanks

kalyan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: