Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple aaa servers for authentication

darragh long
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I'm in the process of upgrading a customer's ACS.    I will be doing this by cloning the existing ACS VM, and upgrading the clone offline.   

Once I have upgraded the cloned ACS VM, I would like to be able to bring it on the network and test it, without having to cutover immediately to the upgraded ACS.

My question is whether it is possible to have a small number of remote devices (ideally defined by an access-list) authenticated by one radius server (in this case the upgraded ACS VM) while all other remote devices are authenticated by the existing ACS.   These sessions will terminate on the same router, and will be using the same authentication method (PPP).

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 Replies 2

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Better to do one thing: change the IP address of the radius servers on one or more devices to the new (upgraded) ACS server then test.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Anas Naqvi
Level 1
Level 1

To implement load balancing, you can set up user groups and then assign groups to a specific RADIUS server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: