Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Account-Delay-TIme Attribute

prashant_secret
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

i have just located that my Cisco ubr7246 CMTS is generating multiple STOP records which shows up in my radius log file , we are using interlink AAA on solaris. bcoz of this multiple STOP records the customers are getting billed multiple times, i have also raised this with The vendor who has developed our billing application but they are saying that its not a bug with their billing application and this is a bug in cisco IOS or Radius , is that true ??????? i want a strong proff for this that its a bug with the billing application , can som one send me any pointers that proves my point.

so that i can react strongly

regards

Prashant

3 Replies 3

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can enable "debug aaa accounting" and "debug radius" on UBR to see how many times the UBR is sending/generating a accounting record. Note that accounting START and STOP receord will be generated by UBR depending on the accouting config. Also post the aaa config too.

it coming frequently , for many users

but is this a valid as well as normal behaviour ????

YES..two accounting records, one for start and one for stop, will be generated depending on the accounting config. That is documented in RFC 2139.