Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NAC 3415 with other NAC 3310 devices

Hello,

We recently added another office to our division and are looking to add a Cisco Secure Network Server 3415 to our existing environment of Cisco 3310 devices.

Are there any known issues with doing this?  Will they "play nice"?

Regards,

George

5 REPLIES
Bronze

1.      Do the software features vary between the  different Cisco Secure Network Server models (3415)?

The only  difference is the number of users or the server count allowed by the  license.

2.       What  will happen when you have 01-3415-M-NAC-K9 appliances and 01-NAC-3310  appliances?

Since the customer will be  re-hosting the licenses from existing appliances, ordering an additional  appliance through the migration program will not be helpful since the  customer will not be able to transfer a license to the last appliance.

Please check the  below link which can helpful in making decision:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5707/ps8418/ps6128/prod_bulletin0900aecd805d0358.html

Cisco Employee

I don't think there would be any issue If you are not going to delpoy HA. HA require same hardware and software.

Cisco Employee

Hi

The Cisco Secure Network Server is a scalable solution that helps network administrators meet complex network access control demands by managing the many different operations that can place heavy loads on applications and servers, including:

• Authorization and authentication requests

• Queries to identity stores such as Active Directory and LDAP databases

• Device profiling and posture checking

• Enforcement actions to remove devices from the network

• Reporting

For more detail and configuration please go through this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5712/ps11640/data_sheet_c78-726524.html

Cisco Employee

I don't think there would be any issue If you are not going to delpoy HA. HA require same hardware and software.

I am agree with Ravi it should definitely work only, I hope the software ver. Should be same in both device.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content