Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NAC guest server and pre-configured duration of accounts

There seems to be a bug in the way the NAC guest server handles the pre-configured duration of guest accounts.

I have followed the manual and I did:

- Configured 3 durations (24h, 48h and 1 week) under the templates/accounts/accounts durations.

- And set "maximun duration of account" under User Groups

As I understand I should now be able to select one of the three configured durations when I login as a sponsor.

However I only get the number which I specified under User Group.

The odd thing is that if I change the Maximum duration under User Group, I get this as the only choice (e.g. 14 days).

Have other experienced this?

Best regards,

Steffen Lindemann

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: NAC guest server and pre-configured duration of accounts

You can use any one of the option ie number of days or number of hours.

For days;

Authentication > User Groups > Add Group | Edit Group includes two new settings for Number of days in the future the account can be created and Maximum duration of account (in days)

For hours:

User Interface > Templates > Add Template | Edit Template > Accounts > Account Duration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/guestserver/release_notes/11/gsrn110.html

2 REPLIES
Silver

You can use any one of the option ie number of days or number of hours.

For days;

Authentication > User Groups > Add Group | Edit Group includes two new settings for Number of days in the future the account can be created and Maximum duration of account (in days)

For hours:

User Interface > Templates > Add Template | Edit Template > Accounts > Account Duration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/guestserver/release_notes/11/gsrn110.html

I got it to work.

I am not sure what I did wrong, but I think confused the "template" with a user template and not what it actually is, a language template.

Views
Helpful
Replies