cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nas Duplicate Authentication Attempt

mark.weaver
Level 1
Level 1

I use cisco secure ACSv3.0 to authenticate dial in users. Some users authenticate via an account in cisco secureand some users via Novell NDS which is cofigured as an external database in cisco secure.

From time to time we are having problems with nds users authenticating in the failed attempts log we get an error "NAS duplicated authentication attempt" at the same time - obviously - one of our novell servers experiences extremely high loads and then locks up and dies.

Are there any known issues with cisco secure and nds because now i have mentioned this the novell administrators are looking to try and blame cisco secure for causing these problems rather than not being able to authenticate users as a result.

Any ideas one way or the other would help.

regards

mark

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are no issues like that with ACS and NDS database. If ACS try to contact to that NDS server and if the server dosen't respond because of high load, thats not the issues with ACS right?

Looks to me that you need to convince the novell guys by telling them that its not responding. Youcan show them the logs from ACS which tries to contact NDS server and NDS server dosen't respond. You can issue ping to nds server from acs when that problem occurs and show them the results.

Thanks for that, I just wanted to check if there were any known issues. The sever was not responding to pings at the time and the logs confirm that nds was not responding.

Just needed a second opinion.

regards

mark