Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Devices not visible in ISE GUI

Kashish_Patel
Level 2
Level 2

I am facing a weird problem on ISE.

I am trying to add network devices in admin ISE node. I have prepared a CSV file using the template and when I try to import it to ISE, I see all Success (for every switch in that CSV file). I also see that the import completed successfully. However, when I refresh Network Devices, I see "No Data Available".

Instead of using CSV file, I have tried adding switches one by one and same issue happens there as well. I see success in adding, however, that switch is never visible under "Network Devices" section.

There is more to this. When I click on export, I get list of all the devices that I had added. So ISE knows about the devices but why is it not showing them in its GUI? Is it a known issue? We are using version 1.1.0.665.

Thanks,

Kashish

8 Replies 8

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just out of curiosity which browser are you using? Also are you logging in as an administrator or do you have a different role based account?

Also try logging out and then logging back in to see if that fixes your issue.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

I have tried mozilla, chrome and IE and problem is there on each of them

I am logging in as adn admin. Logging out and logging in has not helped. I have tried many times. I think I will raise a cisco TAC for this.

Is this a new instalation or is this in production? If the latter you can try to restart the ise services and see the ise database is running.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

This has been put in production, but just for a very limited set of users.

I would also check the replication status when adding these devices. How many devices did you add through the csv? Once the replication status sows completed then go back and check.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

We have exactly the same problem. Imported devices are not displayed in the GUI after the import.

Latest patch (2) installed on 1.1.1.268. Have you found a solution to this?

Regards Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

I had to wipe all config and reconfigure ISE boxes for the problem to go away.

Also, when you add switches to ISE, make sure you don't have illegal '.' character in the hostnames....

For example, sw1.xxx might cause a problem, instead add it as sw1-xxx. We are making sure that we add all switches using '-' and no '.' because we suspect that the problem was caused because we tried to import some devices which were using '.'

Thanks,

Kashish

dwarren011
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue.  You have to setup at least 1 interface with the ISE config in order for it to show up.