Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NIC config on ISE 3395

Hi,

I've read that the 3400-series is running Shared LOM in active/active. Does that mean that it will loadbalance the traffic between the two NICs?

Does the 3300-series have the same feature?

Regads,

Philip

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You cannot load balance the Radius traffic on different ISE interfaces. At least not yet. I know it has been suggested in the past so perhpas Cisco will implement it in a future release. 

With that being said, the additional interfaces can be used for:

- Dedicated connection for the "guest" network

- Deditaceted interface for different profiling probes

- Dedicated interfaces for span based connections

Hope this helps

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you talkinga about load-balancing the traffic on ISE or another applicaiton that you are going to isntall on teh appliance? If it is for then it will not work. If it is for another application then I suppose it is a posibility but I am not able to comment/confirm

Hi,

I am talking about loadbalancing RADIUS trafic for ISE. I am trying to figure out what I can use the other NICs for on the 3300 ISE appliance.

You cannot load balance the Radius traffic on different ISE interfaces. At least not yet. I know it has been suggested in the past so perhpas Cisco will implement it in a future release. 

With that being said, the additional interfaces can be used for:

- Dedicated connection for the "guest" network

- Deditaceted interface for different profiling probes

- Dedicated interfaces for span based connections

Hope this helps

Could you elaborate on the dedication of an interface for guests?

/curious

Take a look at the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/user_guide/ise_user_guide/ise_webportals.html#pgfId-1000808

Let me know if you are still unclear on this feature. 

Thank you for your answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: